Face Reader Online
Everything about Face Reader Online
What is an Online Face Reader?
An Online Face Reader enables you to conduct facial analysis online, or to integrate face reading capability into another online application. The image processing usually takes place in the cloud, with results being returned immediately.
Sightcorp’s Online Face Reader technology, F.A.C.E. API, for example, is a cloud-based web service that allows you to integrate facial analysis into any online application. With F.A.C.E. API, you can incorporate online face reading into your own apps without having to program and without having to acquire powerful hardware.
When to use an Online Face Reader?
An Online Face Reader is useful when you want to analyze faces and facial expressions remotely. Here are some examples:
- When you want to measure the emotional response to online ads and other online content (such as games and movie trailers, for example), and you want to do so remotely.
- When you want to personalize app or website content and ads based on the demographics of the audience in real time.
- When you want to conduct user experience research and gain consumer behavior insights remotely.
- When you want to integrate face reading capability into another online application.
When to use an Offline Face Reader instead?
- When you don’t need to capture image or video footage from a remote location. For example, when you are capturing footage in a retail store or in the context of digital signage, you can easily use face reading software on a local device. Read more here
- When you want to integrate face reading capability into an offline application.
- When you want to be in full control of the data you are capturing and processing.
At Sightcorp, we offer the following face reading solutions with offline capability:
What can an Online Face Reader do?
Generally speaking, an Online Face Reader will have the same or similar functionality as the offline face reading software. This means that it will be able to:
- Detect faces
- Recognize emotions such as happiness, sadness, anger, fear, disgust, surprise, and contempt
- Determine demographic information, such as age and gender
One of the main differences is that with an Online Face Reader, data will not be processed locally. This means that you may need to pay extra attention to any data security and privacy concerns.
Here are other articles that you might find interesting: