Lead Deep Learning Engineer
About your role
Interested in working for an innovative and fast-moving AI (Artificial Intelligence) software company located in the Tech hub of Amsterdam? This is your chance! Sightcorp is now looking for a skilled and passionate Lead Deep Learning engineer experienced with working in a high-paced environment to join the team.
Your main focus will be on defining and managing the execution of the R&D department’s business strategy including target definitions, growth areas and business plans. You will also contribute to the strategy and roadmap and align globally to ensure timely implementation and execution. You will lead the research and development team developing machine learning algorithms and deep neural networks for solving real-world computer vision problems e.g. face recognition, emotion estimation, fraud detection. Applicants should be comfortable with implementing code for commercial deployment. This role also involves managing custom consulting assignments and projects for our clients.
What You Bring to the Team
- 2+ years of supervisory experience or program/project management engagement leading teams in R&D environment;
- Excellent Python programming skills;
- Experience implementing deep neural nets with at least one major deep learning framework (e.g. Tensorflow, MXNet, Keras, Caffé, PyTorch) using Python or C++;
- Extensive theoretical and practical knowledge of Convolutional Neural Networks;
- Extensive theoretical and practical knowledge of machine learning algorithms & principles and numerical optimization;
- Theoretical knowledge of basic machine learning concepts (e.g. SVM, MLP);
- Prior experience with running inference on embedded/mobile devices using OpenCV/CoreML/Tensorflow Lite is a plus;
- Ability to read current computer vision research papers and convert it into ideas for practical implementation;
- Ability to organize and prioritize research work. Prior experience working with Scrum/Agile methodologies;
- Comfortable with changing environment and working at client sites (project based);
- English language (both written and verbally mandatory).
What We Offer
- Opportunity to bring computer vision research into cutting-edge commercial products that solve real-world customer problems;
- A competitive salary and an attractive performance linked bonus plan;
- Dedicated conference budget for self-development;
- A fun, dynamic, startup environment with opportunities to learn and grow;
- A small, friendly team and a flat organisational structure with a lot of freedom and trust;
- Attractive discount on gym membership across the road from our office;
- Independence and great responsibility;
- HQ based in the hub of future Artificial Intelligence and 3D technology in Amsterdam.
Sightcorp is an AI spin-off from the University of Amsterdam specializing in face analysis software. Through computer vision and deep learning Sightcorp can analyze faces in images, videos, and in real-life environments. Our technology is revolutionizing the way businesses all over the world interact and engage with customers. We offer an international and active global customers base, working from Amsterdam Science Park, with high-quality products and a dedicated and young team. We work hard – not because we have to, but because we are passionate about what we do. Working with us gives you the opportunity to shape and fine-tune the technologies and to make an impact on the success of the company.
Are you interested in the position and do you have the required skills and experience?
Let us know immediately!
When applying for this position, only English CV’s as PDF will be considered and only successful applicants will be notified. Due to the large number of applications that we receive on a daily basis, we can only respond to the applications that match our requirements.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!