Tier 1 Tech support specialist
About your role
Interested in working for an innovative and fast-moving AI (Artificial Intelligence) software company located in the Tech hub of Amsterdam? This is your chance! Sightcorp is now looking for a first-line Tech support specialist to join the team.
As the Tech support specialist, you will act as the central point of contact for technical support for customers with a strong focus on customer satisfaction. You will be responsible for reproducing problems experienced by customers, evaluating the root cause, escalating issues to the Engineering team and most importantly for resolving customer issues accurately and on-time. You will also support the in-house team with the roll-out of software upgrades, testing and benchmarking of new products and releases and creating relevant documentation for clients. You will play an important role in improving the overall customer journey, real-life scenario and setup processes and company roadmap decision taking.
What You Will Do
- Respond to customer hardware, software, network and/or account-related inquiries received via telephone, e-mail;
- Work with customers to define technical problems, determine solutions and assist customers in implementing the fixes;
- Provide remote (telephone, remote desktop) and on-site technical support;
- Open tickets and record/maintain necessary documentation to track ticket through resolution;
- Achieves customer satisfaction through timely follow up and appropriate troubleshooting skills;
- Appropriately escalate customer issues to next level support and help drive timely resolution;
- Provide technical feedback to the engineering team concerning product changes and enhancements, design, reliability, maintenance problems, or bugs based on reported customer issues;
- Produce technical documentation such as FAQ, installation instructions, user guides, knowledge-base articles and how-to’s for clients;
- May be called on-site to assist in complex technical solutions;
- May be involved in customer installation and training;
- Carry out in-house testing of our products on selected hardware devices and cameras, benchmark the performance of new product releases;
- Act as a bridge between the Technical and Sales department;
- Assist with internal office setup, onboard new employees, set up new machines and accounts, assist with tradeshow preparations;
- Track hardware and software inventory and align with the purchasing department for new orders.
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science, engineering, or related field;
- Deep knowledge and experience with hardware required;
- Experience with ticketing platform (Zendesk) preferred;
- English language required, Dutch is as a plus;
- Basic knowledge of scripting languages like Python, Perl, Bash is a plus;
- Familiarity with common troubleshooting techniques;
- Creative approach to problem solving;
- Excellent communication, presentation, and client-facing skills;
- Demonstrated responsiveness, resourcefulness, and follow through;
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to take ownership of the assigned responsibilities;
- Ability to bring tasks to completion with minimal amount of supervision;
- Ability to design and write technical documents.
What We Offer
- Required training, skills and qualifications;
- A flexible and informal organization where we work together in a pleasant way;
- A full-time position with good salary with a bonus scheme;
- Possibility to follow courses/trainings and visit events;
- Independence and great responsibility;
- HQ based in the hub of future Artificial Intelligence and 3D technology in Amsterdam;
- Young and international team;
- Every month company / team building outings (some of the past events include ninja class, VR games, Apenkooien, trampolining, canal boat cruises and many more!);
- Get discounted price for gym membership across the street!
Sightcorp is an AI spin-off from the University of Amsterdam specializing in face analysis software. Through computer vision and deep learning Sightcorp can analyze faces in images, videos, and in real-life environments. Our technology is revolutionizing the way businesses all over the world interact and engage with customers. We offer an international and active global customers base, working from Amsterdam Science Park, with high-quality products and a dedicated and young team. We work hard – not because we have to, but because we are passionate about what we do. Working with us gives you the opportunity to shape and fine-tune the technologies and to make an impact on the success of the company.
Are you interested in the position and do you have the required skills and experience?
Let us know immediately!
When applying for this position, only English CV’s as PDF will be considered and only successful applicants will be notified. Due to the large number of applications that we receive on a daily basis, we can only respond to the applications that match our requirements.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!