Senior Fullstack Software Engineer
About This Role
Office location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Sightcorp by Raydiant is seeking a Senior Fullstack Software Engineer to design, build, and deploy new AI-driven face analysis features to a global customer base. We are located in Amsterdam Science Park, accessible by public transportation and bicycle. We’re looking for an engineer who is comfortable moving throughout our tech stack, back-end to front-end, to develop features that meet our chief product officer’s ambitious and exciting vision.
You will contribute directly as part of our AI product engineering team building amazing new features for our rapidly growing customer base, which spans over eight major verticals, and includes both brick and mortar/customer-facing as well as enterprise/employee-facing features.
In this role, you will be working within an agile team, reporting to the Director of Engineering, delivering high-quality, well-architected code that scales, handling requests for features and use cases across multiple products alongside integrations with a dozen partners, some of them *very* large.
What You Will Do:
- Work in a highly agile environment and collaborate with experienced team members skilled in different domains.
- Create and maintain REST APIs for current production services.
- Take charge and improve the UI of current Sightcorp by Raydiant products.
- Take charge and improve the UX of Sightcorp by Raydiant products.
- Create simple and intuitive graphical user interfaces for the configuration of complicated AI algorithms.
- Implement data visualization dashboards for presenting demographic reports;
- Transparently handle user SSO authentication.
- Implement ETL jobs for processing streaming data and generate daily reports with per hour granularity.
- Create data access API to allow integration with Business Intelligence tools like Google Data Studio or Microsoft Power BI.
- Participate in the integration between Raydiant platform and Sightcorp by Raydiant technology.
- Design REST API allowing ingestion of 3rd party data.
- Mesh 3rd party APIs with internal customer database.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelors/Masters degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of experience with strong architectural and system design skills in backend technologies such as Python/Django and/or Golang.
- 3-5 years of experience designing and building production-level web applications.
- 2+ years experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance.
- Relational database experience, such as RDS/Aurora.
- Deep “git fu”: github, PR process, able to explain what cherry-picking and squash are for.
- Experience with modern SaaS build services (Codeship/Circle CI/Travis CI).
- REST API design and implementation using Python or Go.
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle and best practices.
- Deep understanding of front-end architecture and data-driven development.
- Authentication experience including OAuth2.
- Agile software development experience.
- You strive to write code that lasts for years, not months.
- Experience with agile development in a one-week cycle using pairing;
- Experience building automated deployment promotion pipeline (i.e., build, test, deploy) using new Docker-based SaaS services like CircleCI, Travis, Codeship;
- Authentication experience including oAuth2 and standard LDAP.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to work with state-of-the-art computer vision products that solve real-world customer problems.
- Super low ego, science driven, architectural development style.
- Learn how to ship massive combined IoT hardware/software releases, live, using agile methodologies.
- Learn AI/machine learning in an environment that is 100% ethical and thoughtful, using technology from the University of Amsterdam.
- Technical discussions so intense they will make your brain leak and your heart beat faster.
- Working from Amsterdam Science Park, in an international environment, with an energetic and enthusiastic team that is capable, takes ownership and is hungry for growth and knowledge;
- Working with us gives you the opportunity to shape and fine-tune the technologies and to make an impact on the success of the company;
- A flat organizational structure with a lot of individual responsibility and trust.
Perks/Benefits at Sightcorp by Raydiant:
- Being a part of low ego, high-performance team
- An opportunity to join as one of the first 150 people in a very fast-growing company and become the core driver of the company’s success
- Work with amazing engineering experts and a very successful go-to-market team
- Potential to take on more responsibility as the company grows
- Daily office fruit and snacks, catered lunch delivery 4 times per week
- Bi-weekly happy hour
- Regular retreats to San Francisco HQ
- Monthly team events like boat tours, cocktail workshops, BBQs and more!
- Flexible working hours and hybrid work environment
- Well placed office in tech-hub of Amsterdam Science Park
- Fully equipped university gym with bouldering, martial arts, and group classes right across the street from the office
- Bonus scheme for successful referrals
- Fixed + performance based compensation and a bonus scheme (applicable to sales roles)
Sightcorp was acquired by Raydiant at the beginning of 2022, jointly offering the first-of-its-kind end-to-end experience management platform for retailers, restaurants, and more. Powered by Sightcorp’s AI audience analytics software, the Raydiant customer experience platform provides anonymous in-store screen engagement analytics on OTS, dwell times, viewers, impressions, demographics, and more, to help brands increase audience engagement and deliver optimized content while maintaining consumer privacy.
Raydiant works with nearly 4,500 brands, from SMB to enterprise, including First Bank, Dickey’s BBQ, Harvard University, The Salvation Army, Red Bull, Chick-Fil-A, Thomson Reuters, and Wahlburgers. Founded in April 2017, Raydiant is headquartered in San Francisco, California and has raised a total of $50 million from 8VC, Atomic Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, Broom Ventures, Mark Wahlberg Investments, Expanding Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Gaingels, Illuminate Ventures, Beaconsfield Ventures, Transmedia Capital, West Ventures, XRC, and Ron Conway.
Matching your skill and experience to our requirements is important, but people are more than just the sum of their professional work experience. If you feel this job is for you but you’re not a 100% match, we encourage you to apply anyway!
We know that applying for a new role takes a lot of work, and we make every effort to respond to all applicants.
Raydiant is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer that values diversity in hiring and gives consideration to all candidates regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion or religious belief, national origin or ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law.
At Sightcorp, we love innovation! Our technology is revolutionizing the way businesses all over the world interact and engage with customers. We offer an international and active global customers base, working from Amsterdam Science Park, with high-quality products and a dedicated and young team. We work hard – not because we have to, but because we are passionate about what we do. We never stop learning and always take new risks to solve challenging problems. Working with us gives you the opportunity to shape and fine-tune the technologies and to make an impact on the success of the company.
Looking For Something Else?
Check out our vacancies page and explore other vacancies at Sightcorp!